Weekend Sous Vide Efforts

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sawhorseray

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Oct 17, 2014
Gilbert, AZ
It was time to crack out and fire up the old sous vide pot. First up was some vac-sealed spares with beans and tater salad, 175º for five hours. Made me happy!
DSCN2650.JPG

The next day I had a hankering for some lamb, pulled a pack of loin chops right from Freezermart and tossed them into a 134º sous vide for four hours . No propane for the weed torch much to my surprise, seared in the CI skillet with some olive oil and butter. Plated up with some creamed spinach and fettuccini Alfredo, mint apple jelly and a little cab, pretty dammed yummy!
DSCN2652.JPG

For the last night I figured I'd end my fillet mignon frustration and just threw this into the 127º fillet steak pot for a couple of hours, another CI 625º sear, more creamed spinach and a yam, darned happy!
DSCN2656.JPG

I was a nice easy football sous vide weekend, time to get back to the hard life. Thanks for lookin' in, hope y'all are staying safe and having a little better luck with the new year. RAY

Last edited:
How did the texture of the ribs turn out? I’ve always done 165 for 12 hours. Did you have them on a smoker first? They look awesome

Reactions: sawhorseray
Some fine weekend eats !

Thanks Winterrider Winterrider , it was a fine weekend of TV football. a little golf thrown in, and I was pretty darned happy with everything that went on the diner table. I must admit I'd have been a little more thrilled if I'd have had a iron in the fire, maybe next year. Thanks for the like, I do appreciate it. RAY

How did the texture of the ribs turn out? I’ve always done 165 for 12 hours. Did you have them on a smoker first? They look awesome

Thanks Baxter! They were fully smoked and cooked spares that I did a couple of week ago and vac-sealed, tossed it the freezer. They were just about perfect when I put them in the freezer, the sous vide didn't hurt them a darned bit, nice bite and still juicy. RAY

Well dang Ray, you just about covered it all. Great job. Looks delicious!

Thanks Edge, it's a nice way to go with leftover spares. There was a time not that long ago I'd have drilled the entire rack in a sitting, now it takes me a couple of days. RAY

A nice variety and all look great!

Thanks JCAP JCAP ! I don't mind leftovers one bit, tho I really don't like having to eat the same thing every night for dinner unless it's prime rib, then I'll go three nights for dinner. Thank you for the like, I do appreciate it. RAY

I'm late to the party Ray. Those meals look great. What a weekend you had! Excellent work all the way around. Glad you were happy despite not having an iron in the fire. Same here. Like the old Brooklyn Dodgers used to say, "There's always next year." But there's not! LOL.
Long suffering Giants fan.

Reactions: sawhorseray
man that all looks great! [/QUOTE

Thank you so much, and thanks for the Like, much appreciated! RAY

Cant believe I missed this Ray. Some beautiful SV food for sure. I would be all over any of those plates. Big LIKE buddy!

Thanks John, it wasn't up there for long, some days that happens. Thank you for the Like amigo, I do appreciate it. RAY

SHR, Very nice SV cooking !!!!!

Thanks CM, I'm having thoughts of firing it up again in the morning! I could do a cute little leg-o-lamb on my offset, tho now I recall one SmokinVOLfan SmokinVOLfan did for Xmas with his new sous vide. I'll decide in the morning I guess. Thank you for the Like CM, I do appreciate it. RAY

I'm late to the party Ray. Those meals look great. What a weekend you had! Excellent work all the way around. Glad you were happy despite not having an iron in the fire. Same here. Like the old Brooklyn Dodgers used to say, "There's always next year." But there's not! LOL. Long suffering Giants fan.

Thanks Mike! I'm a life-long Giants fan, but that'd be the San Francisco Giants of baseball fame, they did have some fair glory in the last decade. Thanks for the Like, much appreciated! RAY

Looks good and reminds me I should use mine more.

Thanks F Fat Old Guy ! I find I use the thing in streaks and the fact it's in a lower cabinet means I have to search to get it. 50 ain't old, things get a lot more painful! Thank you for the Like, I do appreciate it. RAY

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky