Weber smoke fire pellet grill

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Andyroo

Original poster
Apr 18, 2019
Hi Everyone, saw this video on youtube of the new Weber pellet grill reviewed by Harry Soo. Thought you all might be interested.

Reactions: Steff3
Everyone reviewing it right now seems to be guys that regularly pimp Weber equipment. Hopefully we'll start to see some real world reviews in the next couple months. Some neat ideas in the Weber for sure. When I upsize from my Traeger 22, the larger Weber would look good in my collection. For the price though, it's gotta be equal or better than a Rec Tec.

Rec Tec Bull owner and from the videos I've watched, it definitely looked good on the searing steaks. I was impressed how it handled. I still would like to see more real world cooking on it but definitely thought outside the box on the design with the pellet shoot or slide into the fire pot.

The pellets in the rear for shorter auger motor is a Rec Tec thing and one of the reasons I really liked the Bull as to me, it looked more like a grill and not a pellet grill. I will say the low hopper sensor is fairly cool too. Not needed but still cool. I have had my grill run out of pellets before b/c I forgot to load it and I knew it was low. A reminder would be cool.

I welcome the competition as it will just make others make better products.

Rec Tec Bull owner and from the videos I've watched, it definitely looked good on the searing steaks. I was impressed how it handled. I still would like to see more real world cooking on it but definitely thought outside the box on the design with the pellet shoot or slide into the fire pot.

It seems really odd to me that the slide isn't a standard thing on other grills. It was the first thing I thought of back when my stepdad had a burn-back on his grill ages ago. Why does the auger sit so close to the fire it could get hot enough to burn pellets? If you have an auger with a slide then your auger stays cooler and you eliminate burn-back.

Anyways, this grill looks really nice and I too cannot wait for the average Joe reviews to start coming out.

Reactions: kstone113
Yoder and Memphis both use the Slide to feed the burn pot. Both are significantly more expensive. For the features, $1200 is a great deal...JJ

Yoder and Memphis both use the Slide to feed the burn pot. Both are significantly more expensive. For the features, $1200 is a great deal...JJ
Wow, thanks...I had no idea they did that already. I was thinking Weber came up with that but already been done by Yoder and Memphis. Thanks for the info.....I am still a pellet grill newb as only had my Rec Tec Bull since April.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky