Weber EX4 pellet grill

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I believe people who got the Gen 1 were sent a retro fit kit to upgrade them to Gen 2 as part of their warranty.

Reactions: chopsaw
I believe people who got the Gen 1 were sent a retro fit kit to upgrade them to Gen 2 as part of their warranty.
That's right , but I was told that Weber took back anything still in the box from retailers .

Wow Rich, that's some great cooks! I'm very late to the party, but great jobs all around. You've got that dialed in perfectly. Glad you're enjoying it.

Hi all. I am new around here. I am hesitating between a Broil king crown 400 and the weber ex4. I have seen videos about the weber and I have seen that many people have had a problem with the dust generated by the pellet. Does your meat come out covered in dust? Even with the 2 gen.
Thanks

A brand new SF will have a little more fine ash floating around. That's why you need to spray the interior with Pam, cooking oil or other like oil. It will catch the fine dust. The more you cook on it, the less you will see that dust and then only at high temps when the fan is running full blast. Nothing to worry about. I've owned an EX6 since November 2020 and still love it.

How is the size of the EX4? I sadly don't have a local place where I can get a close look, and measurements/dimensions just don't do it for me. Would you prefer the larger EX6 taking price out of the equation? I think I'm sold on picking one of these up, but I need to decide if I want to shell out the extra 200 for the larger EX6. I generally don't do any big cooks, most pork butts, 3 racks of ribs, a bunch of chicken thighs, stuff like that.

I like the size of the 4 . Plenty of room for what I do . You could easily do multiple racks of ribs . The upper shelf gives added room . For what you say you cook , I think you'd be safe with a 4 . The 6 is nice too though .
Couple large pizza stones . Maybe that gives you an idea .
1643465167253.jpeg

How is the size of the EX4? I sadly don't have a local place where I can get a close look, and measurements/dimensions just don't do it for me. Would you prefer the larger EX6 taking price out of the equation? I think I'm sold on picking one of these up, but I need to decide if I want to shell out the extra 200 for the larger EX6. I generally don't do any big cooks, most pork butts, 3 racks of ribs, a bunch of chicken thighs, stuff like that.

I had the same debate - and let me just tell you, I went with the EX6. Glad I did...

A couple weeks ago, I had 2 pork shoulders on the grill (dinner that night, and we vac-pac shredded pork), a full chicken (for lunch prep for the week), a full pan of Mac & Cheese, and a veggie tray all on the smoker.

I also did a full Ohana Dinner spread (if you're familiar with Walt Disney World) and used the full smoker that night too.

Do I usually use less than the full grill - yes... most of the time, but the occasions I have use the full grill made it worth the upgrade to me. I love my EX6, and in the summer, use it almost daily. In the winter, I still use it at least once a week.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky