Weber EX4 pellet grill

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I am impressed with the color on those cooks, are you using a tube or tray to augment smoke?
I like the gravity smokers . I'm full up now though .
That patio can be enlarged. I know you can do form work :emoji_wink:
In keeping with the Weber theme, you're just waiting for them to come out with a gravity feed:emoji_laughing:

Reactions: chopsaw
I am impressed with the color on those cooks, are you using a tube or tray to augment smoke?
Nope . B&B pellets or Weber pellets in the hopper . The Weber pellets are smaller in diameter , and feed better . I think that was something they did to help feed issues , but the other brands work just fine .

Love the SF EX6
Yup . When I was researching I saw your thread about you getting yours . So I looked up some of your cooks , and that was a deciding factor in getting mine .
The upgraded larger wheels are really nice . I think they were $70 , but worth every penny .

Too bad these weren't available 8 years ago. I would have picked up the larger one. Judging by the output there's little doubt, as to why you like it.
Thanks . Yeah that EX6 is sweet . I was really surprised by the food it cooks .
Took be a couple cooks to account for the convection effect from the fan .

Good review and great looking eats!
Thanks Bill .

I wish I had done the same thing when they were on sale.With my circumstances being different now I'm kicking myself in the back side for not doing it when I could.
Yeah , the price drop and the extras sold me . At that time I wouldn't have spent 1k for the 4 . I'm into it just over 1K , with the wheels , cover , front shelf , 4 probes and 4 glow plugs .

And I agree with your thoughts on aesthetics,this also important in the world of painting.Bad cut lines drive me nuts.
Exactly . I have a floor register in the kitchen that's not parallel with the wall .
Gonna put me in the loony bin .

Wow Rich!! That is an amazing array of food you've turned out. Very well done sir. I can completely relate to your enthusiasm for this thing. I was the exact same way when I got my Rec Tec RT700. Still love all my other cookers but the pellet grills certainly have their place, at least in my arsenal. Great post!!

Robert

Great post, amazing meals! I fell into the Traeger at a vulnerable moment and when money was a little less tight. It works fine and isn’t a regret, but I would have liked to pay less for a pellet grill and done a bit more research. That being said, a pellet smoker is definitely convenient if life isn’t allowing more time to focus on heat management.

Boy howdy Rich, you've produced a slew of Grade A+ cooks off that baby! Almost temps me, tho another smoker wouldn't be overly popular.
Lol , yup , but be good for that hot weather . Control from the house .

That patio can be enlarged.
It's already 24 x 42 . 24 x 8 covered .
1641514061764.jpeg

Reactions: sawhorseray
That’s some good looking food there Chop. Glad that grill is working for you. The pellet grills are handy cookers.

Good looking cooks on this thread. Nice to see the Weber in work. Some day I will add a pellet grill back to the inventory. An EX4 is right at the top of my list.

Forgot to mention great looking cooks on the Weber (all of them).
I don't go to Lowes so not sure if (former) local store had them on display.
I'll make a trip to check them out.
Nope . B&B pellets or Weber pellets in the hopper . The Weber pellets are smaller in diameter , and feed better . I think that was something they did to help feed issues , but the other brands work just fine .
I have a Masterbuilt which is Traeger clone in the heat shield and drip pan design, but has a cheap analog controller. I either need to replace the entire unit with another brand or spend more on a new controller than I paid for the MB pooper.
Anyway
I had a bridge once in the hopper. Since that time, I started mashing my pellets in a bucket before dumping them in the hopper. Some of the pellets are very long pieces and that caused my bridging. I have a T handle masher. A 5 gallon bucket paint mixer should do the same mashing.

Forgot to mention great looking cooks on the Weber (all of them).
I don't go to Lowes so not sure if (former) local store had them on display.
I'll make a trip to check them out.
Thanks . I think when it was the Gen 1 , Weber recalled them from the retailers .
Replaced with the Gen 2 , put with all the negative ( uninformed ) opinions , sales were slow . Once they sold what they had , they didn't restock .

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky