Vortex Chicken Thighs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BrianGSDTexoma

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 1, 2018
North Texas, Texoma
Got some really nice hand cut chicken thighs from Market Street. Boy am I going to miss stopping at that store on way home from work after retiring!

Injected with some butter and left for 3 hours. Dry skin and season.

20210205_165932.jpg 20210205_165939.jpg

Fired up grill with about 2/3 chimney. Cooked for 40 minutes. Internal temp was 195. About 30 seconds over coals each side. These where really good. Some of the best done in a while. Really juicy and skin perfectly crispy. Several years ago I forgot about Rice-A-Roni on stove and came out really crispy on bottom. Was so good. I keep trying to duplicate it and get close but just not like it was that time. Corn has been pretty good lately for winter corn.

20210205_182818.jpg 20210205_183133.jpg 20210205_183901.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Looks great ... accidental Crispy rice interesting ... as they say, all progress depends on failure 😁

Late Christmas here with a couple friends ... got one a vortex (for her Weber) ... maybe have her try it out on my BGE today or tomorrow.

Reactions: BrianGSDTexoma
Great looking meal . One of our go to's . Perfect temp for thighs .
Nice work .

Last edited:
Man Brain, that's a really nice looking meal right there sir. Great job. those vortex's are getting really popular and I can see why. Folks turning out some fantastic looking food.

Robert

Great job Brian! That chicken looks delicious and perfectly done!

Ryan

Man Brain, that's a really nice looking meal right there sir. Great job. those vortex's are getting really popular and I can see why. Folks turning out some fantastic looking food.

Robert
Thanks Robert. I really like it. I run it lower temp than most. Only about half fill it up.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky