Venison pastrami

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BC Buck

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Dec 16, 2018
MO
Used daveomak recipe for injection curing and works excellent 100% of time. Added my seasoning to left over cure and refrigerated for two days.
IMG_0816.JPG

To turn into pastrami rinse and pat dry. If using venison rub medium coating of Katzs pastrami rub on meat. Recipe can be found on AmazingRib.com or use your favorite brisket rub.
IMG_0818.JPG

For venison I would go a little lighter on rub. I smoked with hickory and cherry cut on the farm and used hickory pellets. I like heavy smoke on pastrami.
IMG_0825.JPG

180 temp for couple hours then kick smoker up to 325 to set bark. Pulled meat at internal temp of 135 degrees.

I do deer hearts like this also. Was using the round cuts but tired of the sinew that run through the center. Don't know what you call this cut but is the two bigger muscles in the back of hind leg. This pastrami makes excellent lunch meat.

IMG_0829.JPG

Looks delicious I'm putting some venison in the fridge to cure for pastrami Tuesday. I also use meatheads pastrami rub. Stuffs delicious. Nice work

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky