Venison Heart

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

CTXSmokeLover

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jun 17, 2022
Central TX
Happy New Year fellow meat lovers. It's been a busy past month so I haven't been around to post/chat as much as I would have liked. I'm ready to get back in the swing of things. Hope all is well with everyone.

Wanted to start the new year off right with a beautiful venison heart.

IMG_1136.jpg

Cleaned it up, marinated in Worcestershire for a few hours and seasoned for the cast iron. I saw a video on Meateater where they cooked a heart using a whiskey butter, so I decided to go that route as well. I also used a light dusting of Hardcore Carnivore Camo game seasoning (thanks Santa for the stocking stuffer!), pretty good stuff, highly recommend.

IMG_1138.jpg
IMG_1141.jpg
IMG_1142.jpg

IMG_1146.jpg
IMG_1148.jpg
IMG_1154.jpg

This turned out fantastic and is a method I will definitely use again in the future. Great flavor and oh so tender. This was a perfect appetizer for our picanha main course later in the evening.

IMG_1139.jpg
IMG_1164.jpg

Thanks for stopping by and Happy New Year to all

Attachments

• IMG_1138.jpg
    IMG_1138.jpg
    204.6 KB · Views: 0
Looks good
Thanks smokerjim! It was delicious
Well, that one about knocked me out of my chair. What a gorgeous looking cook....and welcome back!! Great to see you again.

Robert
Thank you so much Robert! The cast iron made easy work of it. Glad to be back. More cooks to come soon and looking forward to catching up on all that I've missed
CTXSL, Looks delicious !
Thanks crazymoon
You nailed that cook! Both meats cooked to perfection!

Ryan
Thanks Ryan. Appreciate the comment
Looks awesome! Been a while since I had heart, delicious!
Thank you! It's such a nice little treat to have a few times a year if you can

Reactions: bauchjw
That venison heart looks perfect. It hurts to think about all the hearts I either fed the dogs or went into the gut pile back in the day...
Same here. My middle son and i was just talking about that last week. We just recently started saving them, probably the last 5-7 years. Scores left in the field for the critters:{

Reactions: CTXSmokeLover
That venison heart looks perfect. It hurts to think about all the hearts I either fed the dogs or went into the gut pile back in the day...
Thanks GonnaSmoke! I'm right there with you, for years we never saved these. Better late than never I suppose. They are truly a delicacy
Great cook! everything looks on point and delicious!
Thanks Buckeyedude!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky