VENISON BOTTOM ROUND

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Bottom round, never knew they existed growing up because that's where my dad always shot them (still does). If my butchering skills are up to it this is definitely one to try looks fantastic.

Bottom round, never knew they existed growing up because that's where my dad always shot them (still does). If my butchering skills are up to it this is definitely one to try looks fantastic.
Thanks! Holy crap! Don't think ive ever shot one in the hind quarter! If you get to that point just let me know. Hind quarters are the easiest part to break down. I'll walk you through it.

Reactions: olaf
That looks fantastic. I just sliced up a bottom rd and a sirloin for jerky. Got 1 more , may have to give it a whirl.
What temp did you use, and approx. time?

Reactions: Sowsage
That looks fantastic. I just sliced up a bottom rd and a sirloin for jerky. Got 1 more , may have to give it a whirl.
What temp did you use, and approx. time?
Thanks!! I just used a high temp on the grill. Seared it flipping a few times and then moved it over to a warm side until the IT reached about 128° wrap it up and let it rest.

Reactions: Winterrider
That's just perfect Travis! Some good eating for sure! We use alot of roasts for jerky also but might have to give this a go.

Ryan

That's just perfect Travis! Some good eating for sure! We use alot of roasts for jerky also but might have to give this a go.

Ryan
Thanks Ryan ! Its worth giving a shot. I really enjoy it this way especially the bottom round....its a pretty tender cut for a roast. This one that I did was even from an old buck...

Looks tasty! I saved one bottom round off my elk this year to try and make pastrami, the other side I cut for steaks.
Thanks! I like to do pastrami too it's good stuff!
If you have never done it before I always follow daveomak daveomak instructions using pops brine. Always turns out great.
Its an old thread but here it is for your reference

Reactions: gnatboy911
Thanks! I like to do pastrami too it's good stuff!
If you have never done it before I always follow daveomak daveomak instructions using pops brine. Always turns out great.
Its an old thread but here it is for your reference

Awesome, thanks for the link!

Reactions: Sowsage
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky