Venison Backstrap Fatty W/Wild Mushrooms Lots of Pics.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Great job, what temp and how long?

I just bacon wrapped a backstrap a few weeks ago but over cooked it trying to get the bacon crisp. I like venison Medium-medium rare

Making a fatty will solve that problem.

Smoked at 225 degrees, and if I remember right, I pulled it out when the internal hit 150. Then wrapped in foil and a towel to let it rest and cook some more. Since it had a pork outer layer, I figured I was pretty close to the safe temps of the pork when the IT of the venison hit 150. To get the bacon crisp, when the IT was around 140, I jacked up the fire to 300 degrees. Crisped it up pretty nice. Even though this venison was cooked to a higher temp than I would had it been just the venison by itself, it still came out very very tender and extremely moist.

Somehow I missed this until today, but that looks unreal Meat Hunter.

I am likely going to try this for the Vikes game with the last back strap in the freezer.

Thanks for the qview and great idea.

That does look awesome. Everyone talks about how good backstrap are. Never tasted it.

ALRIGHT! I am sick of having to buy new keyboards from drooling so much. It's gettin to the point that I am goin to have to start wearing that smokers apron that my st daughter bought me for Christmas every time I come here to SMF.
That looks GREAT!
points.gif
from me.

--ray--
(0||||0)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky