Vacuum sealing

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

beefy bill

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Oct 26, 2014
North jersey
Hey everyone. I'm going to hot smoke some venison backstraps for a buddy at work. Should I wait for them to cool before vacuum sealing or seal them hot? I won't see him till next Monday and I'm doing them Thursday.

In my opinion let them at least get warm  or to room temp I would think vacing them hot would continue the cooking process.....I think

Myself.. I refrigerate over night before sealing... my thinking is, that some of the juice gets squeezed out of warm meat... everything kinda solidifies when refrigerated...

PLUS.. It makes the fridge smell better for a few days... :biggrin:

Last edited:
One time I let them cool in foil and he reheated in a bag in hot water. He said it was really good. I suppose I'll let them cool first. I also think it may squeeze some juice out.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky