Vacuum Sealer on sale at Costco

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Nefarious

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Oct 10, 2021
Seattle WA
Costco has this vacuum sealer on sale Food Saver

A similar item, Similar price Food Saver

Is any one better then the other or is there a better option in this price range. This price range has most of the items with the most reviews and best score.

I have a food saver model FM3600. Has performed flawlessly for over 4 years with pretty heavy use. Don't let anyone tell you it's not a good brand for home use. Not sure how much I paid for mine 4yr ago but was probably around 150. I say go for any model and you'll be happy

I started out with a Foodsaver V3825 that I still use occasionally, but for some reason doing large batches quickly caused it to fail a bit. The sealer bar would remain so hot it would prematurely seal the bags leaving a large air pocket within the sealed bag. Letting the unit cool would fix the problem, but it was kind of a bother to need to work slowly to prevent the issue. What really bothered me though was the 1 inch plastic waste when anything was sealed. I need to push the bag in so far the seal is actually 1 inch from the cut edge of the plastic which I always thought was a big waste of plastic.

For quite a few years now I've used a Vacmaster Pro 380 which allows the use of up to 15" wide by 50' long rolls. A good feature for me is that there is very little plastic waste - only 1/4 inch (or less if you are good at it) when creating the bag, and very little waste when vacuum sealing the bag.

The best part for me is that I can go as fast and as long as I want and never have the seal failures that I have with my Foodsaver. I like to do my sealing assembly line style creating a bunch of bags, then filling them all, then finish by sealing them all in quick sequence. I can't do that with my Foodsaver. Of course, mine is old and they have probably improved quite a bit since I purchased mine 30 years ago.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy using the Foodsaver whenever I have small amounts to seal. It is light weight so way easier to use that dragging out the heavy Vacmaster.

Reactions: TNJAKE
What is the sales price on yhe first unit, it didn't show up for me?

Thanks.
Dan.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky