Vacuum sealer for mason jars.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Steve H

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Feb 18, 2018
Newark New York
Morning all,
The other day I took out my InkBird vacuum sealer to seal a mason jar to marinate the pork jerky I was making. Found out the vacuum button for the assy port isn't working. So, I started a conversation with InkBird to see if they could assist. Well, they left the conversation without even replying. Alrighty then!
Since the other functions was still working. And I don't want to drag out my LEM. I started looking for alternatives for sealing mason jars.
I know there are those manual pumps. But thought that they were cumbersome. And with my luck. I'd be tipping the jars over while trying to work the pump.
After poking around I found this.
P6030045.JPG

And after reading the reviews and FAQs. I found that it indeed works with the mason jar attachment
P6040050.JPG

It came with some vacuum bags as well. Haven't tried those yet. And probably won't be. I like the idea that it is small and cordless. Has built in lithium batteries.
I didn't have anything to seal. So, I resealed a pint jar of pickles.

P6040049.JPG

Vacuumed and sealed very well. Perhaps it took a couple seconds more. But that may have been my imagination. This does not shut off automatically. But you'll see the air bubbles rising. And hear the lid "pop "when it seals.
I bought this on amazon for 25.00 plus tax. Came the next day.
My initial thoughts are very good. And since this also doubles as a vacuum sealer for those valved bags and containers. It might be an answer for the occasional users. It also claims to vacuum seal bottles. Though I haven't looked into that.

OK . My first question is how did you get the Inkbird sealer to work with the Mason jar lid ?
That looks like a handy tool . I've been using the bags and the hand pump for freezer storage . Really saves on vac bags .

OK . My first question is how did you get the Inkbird sealer to work with the Mason jar lid ?
That looks like a handy tool . I've been using the bags and the hand pump for freezer storage . Really saves on vac bags .
There is a assy port and vacuum button located on the bottom half of the sealer to the left off the drip tray.
61TQXtFXWFL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

This hose plugs into the port. The cap on the top of the mason jar that has a lid on it. But no ring. Pushing the vacuum button draws out the air from the jar and causes the lid to seal.

Reactions: chopsaw
I have one of the jar sealers that I use with my food saver . Just wondering how you use the Inkbird sealer with it . The foodsaver hose ?

Mine did too , but it doesn't work with the lid sealer . Unless I'm missing something .

1654367546969.jpeg

Just put the part that goes on the bag over the vacuum hole on the mason jar sealer. Once you start the vacuum it'll hold there just fine. Just make sure it isn't on top of the letters on it though.

Reactions: chopsaw
Reactions: TaoJones

Also another idea

Nice idea with the vacuum chamber.

I've been using a hand pump brake bleeder / vacuum... works good on the canning jar lids or bags that have ports. Works great for sealing / resealing jars at the cabin and at home.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky