Using drip tray as skillet

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

born2cure

Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Apr 17, 2020
I have the z-grill 7000 series is there way to use the drip tray as a skillet.

Reactions: JLeonard
I wouldn't recommend it.
I'm assuming you would want to be watching and turning whatever you are searing.
Pellet grills are not meant to operate with the hood open.
The one exception to that is if you have the direct flame operation and I'm not sure, but I don't think Z-Grills has that.

Reactions: born2cure
I wouldn't recommend it.
I'm assuming you would want to be watching and turning whatever you are searing.
Pellet grills are not meant to operate with the hood open.
The one exception to that is if you have the direct flame operation and I'm not sure, but I don't think Z-Grills has that.
Ty

Not sure I understand the question, or what you are trying to achieve.
There’s a drip tray wondering if that can be used as a flat iron but it’s not strong enough.

??
on or in the grill and why
Just wondering, is there a side burner

David
No pellet grill. Says it’s an 8 in 1 not sure how the bbq aspect works to char burgers. Even at top heat didn’t get good char. Steak tasted great

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Why not just get a skillet and use it over the sear section?

Jim
New to it it says it’s 8 in 1 so I remove the pieces inside and go right over pellet heating cup.

Attachments

• IMG_6311.jpeg
    IMG_6311.jpeg
    111.4 KB · Views: 13
Reactions: DonP and JLeonard
It won't take long for drip tray to become gross. I'd use a skillet on the grate. If you want it even hotter, use the sear function and a skillet on top. At 450* that should get cast iron nice and hot. looks like a nice grill.

Reactions: born2cure
Im with B BigW. I'd try it like he said and see how it comes out. Of course the question, What ya gonna be using the skillet to cook?

Jimm

Im with B BigW. I'd try it like he said and see how it comes out. Of course the question, What ya gonna be using the skillet to cook?

Jimm
If you can cook bacon eggs on like a flat iron grill. But the material would be appropriate.

Reactions: JLeonard
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky