Uneven cure problems?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jrypka

Original poster
Nov 11, 2020
BDD525DC-083A-4E84-8DE3-B03AB242AE9B.jpeg
So after 14 days I pulled the bellies from the ziplock bags to smoke. I did a dry cure as posted in the other thread and I got very little liquids out. Anyway I noticed some color differences as I was putting them on the hangers. It looks like part of the slab didn’t cure. Is this a problem? The belly wasn’t slimy or smelly, just brown instead of pink. The first photo shows it better but in the second you can see some variation from bottom left to top right too. The fridge was a bit cold, probably 32-33 the first 5 days or so until I turned it down to about 36-37. Right now they’re in the smoker, just wondering if it is anything to be concerned about. Thanks!
0B97DEE6-5B22-4F41-8A01-6F5C8BFB3A4C.jpeg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky