Umai meat several different ways

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cpanderson

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Feb 10, 2019
Corona, CA
So it has been a while since I started my meats so I thought I would post an update as they come to fruition. I already posted about the Bresaola, and will have more comments when it is done equalizing.

Lomo Embuchado: A whole pork loin, seasoned and cured... then rinsed and sprinkled with sweet and hot paprika to dry in umai bags... the texture out of the bag is amazing, sweet and silky... a bit of outside case hardening that I will address with everything at the end. Overall I am not sure I like the cut, as I would like a little more fat and flavor, but we shall see.
CjzKne3.jpg

VtQl8b7.jpg

bdUHLSm.jpg
T9CMV3i.jpg

Now we get to the Coppa... now this is a tasty surprise! I actually had to cut this out of a shoulder, as my local butcher doesn't offer a Coppa cut... so I made some sausage out of what was left "nobody was disappointed!"... it has great flavor and the fat content is spot on... I have another Coppa that was put in at the same time and is still light, so I have some reserves coming once I finish this one...
ydYML7Q.jpg

2CQJIhv.jpg

I00wE1C.jpg

drqOfTd.jpg

And I finished with a couple sticks of spanish chorizo that will be going into party packs!

RrPo9up.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky