UDS Paint Jobs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

meateater

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Oct 17, 2009
Hendertucky, Nv.
I'm seeing alot of cool ideas as far as paint jobs on the UDS. I figured I'd start a thread for them. I shoot bows so I did a take on a product from Burt Coyote company that makes "Lumenock" so behold the Burnt Coyote.

I have a vinyl cutter and made the template. I sprayed with High Temp Rustoleum red paint, let dry and peeled of the vinyl.

Nice job! Let them roll folks!
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif
The doors are a nice touch!

It is actually valspar burgundy from Lowe's that comes in a spray can. Most people think you have to use high temp. paint on a smoker but as long as you keep the temp. under 450 deg. the paint is fine! If you have a grease fire or something in your smoker then you will be repainting!

Duplicolor High Heat Engine enamel on the drum and regular Krylon BBQ paint on the lid. Doesn't have to be high heat but I liked the color (Daytona Yellow) and it was only $5 a can.

You don't paint the inside, you paint the outside.
biggrin.gif

Besides, I don't think you would find ANY paint that would be safe to cook on.

Dave

Reactions: kows
Thats a good looking uds!

RdKnB-- I did not know there were paints approved for cooking! The paint on the outside has nothing to do with the inside as long as the inside isn't painted.

Thanks! The door is in case you want to add more wood chips/chunks or charcoal if need be. Just nice to have if needed without taking lid off and losing all your heat.

i really want to add a door to mine so i can easily use my different flavored wood chips, would be great if you could give me the details?
Thanks

That is schweeet! I'm gonna have to do this to ya
points.gif
though for 2 reasons not just the idea of the paint job but that you are a bow shooter too. I'm a bow shooter/hunter.
I have to build two and I'm tryin to come up with a scheme. One has to be a Steeler (not my decision) sfp and the other a Browns sfp.
Great job!
--ray--
(0||||0)

I was cleaning in my shop and found a roll of 1/8 pinstripe tape and 2 rolls of blue masking then stumbled across an almost full can of high temp chevy orange leftover from an engine build...the rest just sort of happened!!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky