UDS Build(s)...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I built my removable lid UDS upside down which makes the drum open on both ends. Not having a bottom in it makes it MUCH easier to burn the liner off with the weed burner, and do the final sanding, brushing to clean it up.

Pictures and how I built mine here:

www.uglydrumsmoker.blogspot.com

Hope this helps.

Jerry

That is a nice tricked out smoker you've built Jerry, and a well explained build blog as well.

I've bookmarked that for reference when I build my own.

hes not kidding i had two very hot fires in mine, barrel was glowing red and the red liner was still there so i bought grinder and abrasive discs and the real firm type wire wheels and got it of, what a pain it was.

You will be MUCH happier that way.
biggrin.gif

Dave

So I got the smoker done and have cooked on it two times now. WOW...what a difference it makes. I feel like I am doing something wrong with the minimal effort to keep the heat in a set temp range. With my little cheapo verticle water smoker I was hovering over it trying to get the set temp for more than 15 minutes. Now I actually have to do yard work to pass the time while the drum is cooking.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky