Thanksgiving Tyler Florence Cranberry Relish

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Sven Svensson

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Dec 5, 2021
Sonoma County, California
I’d like to add other cranberry recipe to the “best I’ve ever had” list that’s worth considering. I tripped across this on one of his shows years ago and gave it a shot. He actually learned this recipe from his Mother-in-law. It’s a no-cook recipe that’s super simple to make. It contains booze which makes it magical. The 1/4 cup Grand Marnier liqueur makes this an incredible relish. It’s requested in massive amounts for both Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Easter. It’s even crazy good on those leftover turkey sandwiches. Here’s the recipe:
2 lbs fresh cranberries
1 Cup sugar
1/4 Cup Grand Marnier liqueur
Juice and zest of 1 orange

My optional ingredient is some fresh nutmeg, to taste. I usually grate the nutmeg myself using a microplane.

Put it all into a food processor. Pulse it a few times to break it down and mix it all up. It should still be a little chunky. Let it sit for at least 30 minutes. I make it and let it chill out overnight in the fridge.

Enjoy!

Last edited:
Reactions: negolien
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky