Two original fatties and a couple two burgers.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

gmc2003

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Sep 15, 2012
Well I had a couple tubes of Jimmy Dean regular sausages just sitting in the fridge. I also had a 4 pack of brisket/chuck steak burgers. So I figured why not fire up the Kettle again and make some grub for supper.

and away we go!!!

Two chubs, one given the shake-n-bake treatment with Jeff's original, and the other with Tony'C creole.
DSC04935.JPG

onto the kettle they go, Smoke is being provided by some scrap/broken hickory chunks.
DSC04938.JPG

After a short spell soaking in the heat and smoke:
DSC04939.JPG

Now it's time to add burgers to the mix: same seasoning mix as the fatties.
DSC04943.JPG

Some direct heat:
DSC04945.JPG

Then sauced and cheesed(on mine), just sauced on the misses. That's a combo of cheddar and American.
DSC04946.JPG

Burgers are done:
DSC04948.JPG

And the fatties are sliced. I liked the one that had Jeffs rub better.
DSC04950.JPG

Thanks for taking a peak, and remember this is the final weekend for the burger throw-down.

Take care
Chris

Well I had a couple tubes of Jimmy Dean regular sausages just sitting in the fridge. I also had a 4 pack of brisket/chuck steak burgers. So I figured why not fire up the Kettle again and make some grub for supper.

and away we go!!!

Two chubs, one given the shake-n-bake treatment with Jeff's original, and the other with Tony'C creole.
View attachment 664047
onto the kettle they go, Smoke is being provided by some scrap/broken hickory chunks.
View attachment 664050
After a short spell soaking in the heat and smoke:
View attachment 664051
Now it's time to add burgers to the mix: same seasoning mix as the fatties.
View attachment 664052
Some direct heat:
View attachment 664053
Then sauced and cheesed(on mine), just sauced on the misses. That's a combo of cheddar and American.
View attachment 664055
Burgers are done:
View attachment 664056
And the fatties are sliced. I liked the one that had Jeffs rub better.
View attachment 664057
Thanks for taking a peak, and remember this is the final weekend for the burger throw-down.

Take care
Chris
Looks great! I imagine this will be a couple meals? Watching the Islander game now, I am sure you are so interested...lol

Reactions: gmc2003
Looks great! I imagine this will be a couple meals? Watching the Islander game now, I am sure you are so interested...lol

Thanks Cliff, you're correct. I could only eat one of my burgers and two slices of the fatty. A couple of fatty slices made their way into my lunch for work tomorrow and the rest is sliced, sealed and currently frozen in time. To be brought back to life sometime in the near future. My other burger is wrapped in the fridge.

Chris

Reactions: clifish
Sausage and burgers, perfect for a Friday night. It all looked great, Chris. Always nice to have leftovers available for the weekend! Looked quite delish!

Reactions: gmc2003
Sausage and burgers, perfect for a Friday night. It all looked great, Chris. Always nice to have leftovers available for the weekend! Looked quite delish!
Thanks Kimberly, I usually try to utilize most of the grate space when I fire up the kettle, and with there just being the two of us a good portion of each cook get vacuum sealed and tossed in the freezer. It makes my work lunches a breeze.

Looks great from here, Chris!

Points for sure.
Appreciate it Doug

Chris

Looks good gmc
Thanks you peachey.

Well Chris, you did good! So was the sausage just unwrapped, seasoned, and put on the grill?
Appreciate it Charles, and yes it is. From what I understand that's what the original fatties were. I like them because you can change up the rub, and get a nice crunch on the sausage.

Chris

Looks good Chris, Couple nice burgers and loaves.
Nice ring on the sausage, and I would be picking at them every time I walked by the fridge :emoji_sunglasses:

David
Thanks David. That's exactly why I freeze them that night. If I didn't I wouldn't have any left for my work lunches.

Looks very good Chris!
Appreciate it Steve

Chris

• Haha
Reactions: DRKsmoking
Oh man....I could see a killer breakfast sammich coming out of that smoker sausage. It all looks good..

Jim
Thanks Jim, the original fatty works great in an egg Mcmuffin style sammie.

Ima have to try a fatty sometime!!
Appreciate it Doc, give it a whirl you won't be disappointed. These were what is known as an original or Naked fatty. There is also a stuffed version of the fatty. It takes a little more work, but it is oh so good.

Example of a pizza fatty:
1682904585095.png

1682904616213.png

1682904685248.png

Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky