Triple Pork Mock Muffletta

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
That is a beautiful looking roll. Love the idea for that!!!! Point ..... And the spicy Olives tallbm mentioned mmmm.mmmm.... I am hungry now......

Man I love muffletta, great work!

BTW, I've been using Sable & Rosenfeld Spicy Olive Bruschetta for my "tapenade" and WOW!
SR-00306-SP-CS-2.jpg

The sandwich on the left is the Spicy Bruschetta compared to a different muffaletta olive mix on the right. I was testing the two against each other for Turkey Muffletta sandwiches and the spicy bruschetta won hands down!

Looks like good stuff. Yes there are a ton of olive salad concoctions out there, love that stuff. Going to start making my own just to experiment. Tastes good on any type of meat, stuff is addicting!

The one I saw in "cooks country" cookbook I have and an episode on tv.
They tried to duplicate the Central Grocery's olive salad topping from Louisiana.
The found pizza dough most closely simulated the bread used. They brushed an egg wash on and sprinkled it with sesame seeds and baked. Also they pulsed all the spread ingredients in the food processor with herbs and olive oil and weighted the sandwiches in plastic wrap.
IMG_20171018_182739.jpg IMG_20171018_182614.jpg IMG_20171018_182717.jpg

The one I saw in "cooks country" cookbook I have and an episode on tv.
They tried to duplicate the Central Grocery's olive salad topping from Louisiana.
The found pizza dough most closely simulated the bread used. They brushed an egg wash on and sprinkled it with sesame seeds and baked. Also they pulsed all the spread ingredients in the food processor with herbs and olive oil and weighted the sandwiches in plastic wrap.

Focaccia bread also comes close to Muffaletta bread as well. Well as far as my experience is concerned... I've never had one from New Orleans but I have had them in a few places in TX :)

Reactions: Rings Я Us
I'm a little late to this party, but as a Louisiana native and having lived in the Big Easy, anything withy Muffuletta in the title gets my attention. That's a fine tribute both the Muff and the Fattie. Well done and Points.

As a quick commentary (just cause I can bloviate with the best of em): of all the great culinary contributions New Orleans has made to the world, my 2 favorite things from NO are the aforementioned Muffuletta and the Po-Boy (roast beef, shrimp or oyster). Yep, sandwiches. Whenever I get back to NO to visit friends and family, I make sure I get a Po-Boy or a Muff or both. What makes these dishes impossible to recreate exactly outside of the city is the bread. New Orleans water is very hard water. Go a few miles outside of NO and the water is very soft. Use the exact same french bread recipe in Baton Rouge will yield a different result. OK I'm done now with useless commentary.

I'm a little late to this party, but as a Louisiana native and having lived in the Big Easy, anything withy Muffuletta in the title gets my attention. That's a fine tribute both the Muff and the Fattie. Well done and Points.

As a quick commentary (just cause I can bloviate with the best of em): of all the great culinary contributions New Orleans has made to the world, my 2 favorite things from NO are the aforementioned Muffuletta and the Po-Boy (roast beef, shrimp or oyster). Yep, sandwiches. Whenever I get back to NO to visit friends and family, I make sure I get a Po-Boy or a Muff or both. What makes these dishes impossible to recreate exactly outside of the city is the bread. New Orleans water is very hard water. Go a few miles outside of NO and the water is very soft. Use the exact same french bread recipe in Baton Rouge will yield a different result. OK I'm done now with useless commentary.
No worries! We love bloviating.
Been to “N’awlins” twice, but all I remember is Red Beans and Rice and Hurricanes and Alligator jerky and Zydeco music. Ok, I spent most of my time in the French Quarter. I’ll know what to look for next time...

Your rambling about NO don’t bother me in the least. Being from Houston we make it over there once or twice a year. How about a roast beef po’boy from Pierre Maspero’s? My mouth is watering.....

That look really good. The sandwich looked fantastic. The three on the plate looked great with the taters and gravy. Your fatty looked awesome. Liked your step by step. Most Fatties scare the heck out of me looking like a heart attack waiting to happen. But yours didn't make me think of that. Beautiful job done all around. Defiantly points to you.

Your rambling about NO don’t bother me in the least. Being from Houston we make it over there once or twice a year. How about a roast beef po’boy from Pierre Maspero’s? My mouth is watering.....
Now ya talkin'. My favorite Po-Boy in the city is Parkway tavern. It's a favorite of locals, so that oughta tell ya something.

I'm late too but I just have to say that is the most beautiful fatty, or muffatty, I have seen. What an inviting looking meal!
I also want to add about the muffuletta that you can make a pretty good replica using Panera's focaccia bread. This one was made in Maine using the classic ingredients.
cochon.jpg

Reactions: tbrtt1
I'm late too but I just have to say that is the most beautiful fatty, or muffatty, I have seen. What an inviting looking meal!
I also want to add about the muffuletta that you can make a pretty good replica using Panera's focaccia bread. This one was made in Maine using the classic ingredients.
cochon.jpg
Well done. Thanks for the tip.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky