Transporting 230s on sides?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

QuyDaddi

Original poster
Jun 14, 2020
I plan on transporting the smoker to the in-laws tomorrow to smoke some meat. I don't want it upright since I don't feel like it'll be secure enough. Anyone have any issues or tried transporting on its side? I may place a tarp underneath and can't lay on the back due to the vent.

I have no idea what you're wanting to haul.
I'm not a gas passer. What is a 230?
My thought is enough ratchet straps and you can transport it upright

I have no idea what you're wanting to haul.
I'm not a gas passer. What is a 230?
My thought is enough ratchet straps and you can transport it upright

It's a Masterbuilt 230s. I might see about transporting it upright but since there's nothing that seems to not support it laying down that might be an option as well. I'll mess around with it in the AM.

After looking at the 230 online I see no reason why it couldn't be transported on it's side as long as you remove anything loose inside it such as shelving chip pan and heat defuser/water pan.

Best of luck.
Dan

Reactions: Fueling Around
Due to the slanted legs I was able to just lay down on any sides including the back. Oddly it took a few attempts to fire up but that isn't a big issue. The grill is in the grill cover, no tarp needed.
20200620_151454.jpg

Reactions: Fueling Around
Thanks for posting this - I'm planning on bringing mine camping over the weekend and was going to haul it in our trailer.

I was planning on taking it camping this weekend too but some of the folks on here said that freezing the meat and reheating would be just as good. I feel like it'll be a lot of work out there especially since we hit the water often. Have fun and be safe!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky