• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

TRAEGER TEXAS GRILL BBQ075 HAS AIR DRIED ROUGH TEXTURE ON TRI-TIP

cookshack

Joined Jun 13, 2010
Bought a new Traeger Texas BBQ075 grill. I used apple pellets on chicken thighs and they came out great. I smoked a tri-tip and the outside texture was a little rough on the roof of your mouth. It may be the fan moving the air at all times dries the surface of the meat. I was thinking of putting the tri-tips in cheese cloth and then smoke them. Has anyone else had this problem?

adiochiro3

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Apr 19, 2010
Haven't had this kind of problem before.  Were your cooking temps in the right range?  If so, you might try a water pan in the smoker to keep moisture levels up during the smoke.  The fan could be the problem; how much air (cfm) does it move?  You really don't need much.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.