Traeger ironwood with D2 controller

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

larryb

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jan 21, 2012
Chesapeake, VA
looking for an honest review of TRAGER Ironwood with new D2 controller. is the variable speed auger and fan that big a deal? Is it worth $300.00 more than a conventional pellet grill controller?

ok, I will temper my immediate reaction...I can not recommend a Trager to anyone, I strongly discourage that move. They are not known for long lasting quality, or for being very good. (I'm being nice as not to completely offend anyone).

If your budget is about $1200, get a Rec Teq RT-700 for the same price and be MUCH HAPPIER for year to come!! They are a fabulous company and their smokers are bomb proof.

I had a bought a Traeger bc I wanted the fad “best smoker”. It was junk. Sold it a few months later. Jo smoke flavor to me. It was a glorified outdoor oven. I guess I shouldn’t say junk. I just didn’t think they were what I had thought they were. I liked my $200 masterbuilt way more. Ended up selling it for a WSM

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky