Traditional Chaudin Recipe?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

captcouillon

Original poster
Dec 4, 2012
Deltaville, VA
Hoping maybe someone here has a recipe for Chaudin (Also known as ponce, paunche or gog) aka Cajun Haggis. Not how to cook 'em, but the rather the stuffing itself. Have found a few variations, but as the supply of casings I have coming up is limited and perishable, I would rather try "grand-mere's recipe"  than start from scratch.

TIA

Lache pas la potat

Some of them chaudin use a lot of organ meat... kidneys and such. Mais I don't mind a little liver but the dog gets the rest.

I'm thinking something along the lines of an andouille, finer ground with maybe a little sweet patat and green onions with a bit of nonfat for a binder? Gonna smoke one and braise one so we will see.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky