Tortellini Soup

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

JLeonard

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Apr 17, 2020
Southaven, MS
With the cold temps and some of the soup posts I’ve been seeing I felt it was time for a little of my own.
Tortellini Soup
1 pd lean ground beef
1 pd mild Italian sausage
28 oz can diced tomatoes (unstrained )
4 cups beef stock
15 oz can mixed veggies
15 oz can kidney beans (drained)
1 onion
1 bell pepper
20 oz tortellini (frozen or fresh)
salt and pepper to taste

3BAA3C00-42EA-4587-998A-74AA907AC586.jpeg
protein browning in grandmas 100yo CI skillet
ECA4C208-5C2B-4595-853A-F81C8E6FB08C.jpeg
after the meat browns cook onions and peppers til soft (back with the CI)
9755E3D6-5F73-4831-A948-BA302AE1C906.jpeg
everything into the Crockpot to simmer during the day. About 30min before your ready to eat dump in the torts. Let them cook tender but not mushy.
2819BA79-A50F-4457-A83C-D8EFE58DFC4C.jpeg
Fresh grated parm and a hunk of bread to top it off.
B218C2D4-3545-4250-BDBD-BB82DF7A75CA.jpeg
thanks for taking the time to look.
Jim

Dang Jim that looks good! And like some others, I have made 2 big batches of soup in last 5 days. There is a reason for the season of soup!
On a side note, I'm on my computer now, usually on my phone...but Joe, xray xray I can see everything in your signature now on my computer that isn't visible on my phone, dang thats a whole lot to add to my to do list! Sorry fellas but we're gonna have to extend winter now...I'm gonna need way more cooking time!

Ryan

Reactions: xray
That looks really good Jim. I've been making one similar to that for a long time now. Matter of fact I made a batch last week when the weather turned south on us. Made for a couple nice, warm, and comforting meals.

Robert

Reactions: JLeonard
Dang Jim that looks good! And like some others, I have made 2 big batches of soup in last 5 days. There is a reason for the season of soup!
On a side note, I'm on my computer now, usually on my phone...but Joe, xray xray I can see everything in your signature now on my computer that isn't visible on my phone, dang thats a whole lot to add to my to do list! Sorry fellas but we're gonna have to extend winter now...I'm gonna need way more cooking time!

Ryan

Hey Ryan, I use my phone 90 percent of the time so I know what you mean. When I used a desktop for the first time here, this site is way different!! Hopefully you find something that you like, I mainly do that as a quick reference if I'm looking for a recipe.

Also if you don't know this, if you turn your phone sideways so the screen orientation changes, you'll see the same stuff you see on your computer. At least it does for me, I have an iphone.

Reactions: Brokenhandle
Hey Ryan, I use my phone 90 percent of the time so I know what you mean. When I used a desktop for the first time here, this site is way different!! Hopefully you find something that you like, I mainly do that as a quick reference if I'm looking for a recipe.

Also if you don't know this, if you turn your phone sideways so the screen orientation changes, you'll see the same stuff you see on your computer. At least it does for me, I have an iphone.
Well I'll be! Hot dang if I didn't learn something! Thanks!

Ryan

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky