Tonight's pulled pork

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

retread

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Aug 9, 2009
Methuen, MA
Started with a 6 1/8th pound Boston Butt (bone in):

cd36f46b_DSC_0003e.jpg

Then started making my rub (top row is 3 TBSP, bottom row is 1 TBSP) the red one in the top is Hot Hungarian Paprika.

fa3b3469_DSC_0001e.jpg

A quick run thru the spice grinder:

88b20ffc_DSC_0002e.jpg

And then, onto the beautiful butt!

8c0abefe_DSC_0006e.jpg

Wrap it in plastic wrap and put it to bed in the fridge for 11 hours:

47af789b_DSC_0008e.jpg

Into the GOSM at about 250 with hickory at 6:00 AM.  Change the wood every 2 hours. At 4:30 it was at 175 (by redi check 37)

Foiled it and put it back in.  By 6:30PM it was at 202.  Pulled it out, set it on the counter to rest and got the slaw and potato salad out of the fridge.

Here's what it looked like at 6:50PM:

66a73e29_DSC_0012e.jpg

Oh, yeah, the bone pulled clean!

46158256_DSC_0013e.jpg

Then I pulled half of it to serve:

2fd14cb3_DSC_0014e.jpg

Ya know, when your bride takes one bite and says, "Oh Yeahhhh!!!", ya gotta consider it a win!

Thanks for looking.

Looks like a great job from where i sit.

If mamas happy everybodys happy

Let me put it this way:

Your smoked butt is definitely a winner!

And your Bride is a keeper!

Bear

When your bride takes a bite & says "Oh Yeahhhh!!", you should watch out.  You may very well have to cook dinner when you get home from work, after doing the laundry.

Just kidding.  Just because my wife does that to me does not mean your's will do that to you.  Great looking pork.

Last edited:
Nice looking butt! 
icon_lol.gif

Something uniquely rewarding about being able to pull the bone out clean when you're making pulled pork. 
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Great Job!

Brad

Is the bottom row of spices: Dry Mustard; Brown Sugar & Galic Powder?  Anyhow, looks fantastic!  Thank you for sharing!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky