• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Tomato Basil Bratwurst with Mozzerella Cheese

danio34

Joined Nov 26, 2010
Good evening!  I just bought a vertical sausage stuffer and the first thing I will use it for is in making venison tomato-basil bratwurst w/ mozzarella cheese! 
   I plan of smoking it using a combination of apple and alder-wood, with a touch of hickory!  Does that sound good to anyone out there?

Merry Christmas all!

scarbelly

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 26, 2009
Sounds like a good mix of flavors to me -  be sure to post up some qview and Merry Christmas to you too

arnie

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Feb 20, 2010
Merry Christmas Dan.

Sounds like a great combo to me.

Do you make your own sun dried tomatoes?

I just started smoking mine this year and they are fantastic.

Don't forget the Qview

uncle_lar

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Feb 4, 2009
sounds delicious, would you share your recipe?

I make several  kids of Brats  but that is one I havent tried

rbranstner

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
Joined Oct 18, 2007
Sounds awesome!!! Have you ever made it before? If so how is it? Yes we need some qview of that for sure.

danio34

Joined Nov 26, 2010
Hello again and Happy Holidays to all!  Yes, I will definitely post some pictures and will share my recipe.  As far as trying this before, I have made cajun-brats and cheese-brats (using high-temp cheese)...I did make tomato-basil brats before (without cheese) but I wasn't satisfied because I thought the texture was too fine and I didn't smoke it either.

I'll keep you all updated; I am still waiting for my sausage stuffer...I should get it before the end of the year (which isn't too far away).  Again, Merry Christmas all!

sounds delicious, would you share your recipe?

I make several  kids of Brats  but that is one I havent tried

yes please share!

Latest posts

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.