Tomahawks

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
You nailed them for sure! Great job on them! My dogs really enjoy when I buy tomahawk steaks...they get the bone!

Ryan

Reactions: SmokinEdge
Picked up a couple Tomahawks for 10.49lb. Rib steak right next to them was 17.99lb, so that was easy.

Seasoned with garlic, fresh cracked pepper and thyme, no salt and into the water bath at 131F for about 4 hours. Then salted and onto some hot coals for a sear. Usually I salt before I bag and into SV. The beef flavor really came through cooking without salt. Was very delicious. Sorry no plate shot.

View attachment 635629
View attachment 635630
View attachment 635631
Looks amazing! Nice job!

Reactions: SmokinEdge
I'm a bit late to the party but I gotta say, those are some gorgeous steaks!! Extremely well done!!

Robert
Thank you Robert. Pretty hard to mess up a steak in the SV! The beef flavor really seems to come through.

Those look really fantastic - and a great price to boot!
Thank you, sad to say that it was a great price, but you are right it certainly was.

Those Tommies look great. Perfect in fact.

Point for sure
Chris

Keep an eye on your pooches woofing on those bones. My daughter works in a Vet. Hospital and sees many a dog come in with slivers in their gums and stomach. Very costly and painful. Raw bones are fine, cooked can cause issues.

Reactions: dr k and SmokinEdge
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky