Tomahawk on GMG and delicious gravy sandwich!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Oh man! I love a messy meal like that. I have a pack of cook helpers also. They do a great job of keeping any drops off the floor and managing to do away with anything I toss them.
Looks like Kali will be big enough to help herself to stuff off the counter when shes grown.
Jim

Wow fine looking meals /cooks Ryan !
I still haven't done a tomahawk and yours looks perfect!

Keith
Thanks Keith! I appreciate it! I believe it's time you get yourself a tomahawk!

Ryan

Reactions: 912smoker
Oh man! I love a messy meal like that. I have a pack of cook helpers also. They do a great job of keeping any drops off the floor and managing to do away with anything I toss them.
Looks like Kali will be big enough to help herself to stuff off the counter when shes grown.
Jim
Thank you Jim! They keep the floor clean...Kali is like a little Hoover vacuum, everything goes in her mouth! And she has a ways to grow until she fits her feet!

Ryan

Reactions: JLeonard
That's fantastic work from start to finish . A lot of good eats there .

Thanks Rich! Really like my GMG, simple to use. Actually I forgot to mention...the taters actually took on too much smoke, next time won't leave them on so long.

Ryan

Man what a stellar meal Ryan The steak is perfection, the sides are drool-worthy, and that plate just screams at me...but you know how I am with steaks and homemade rolls :emoji_wink:
Robert, tx smoker tx smoker ...this is an ugly plate
That's a far cry from being ugly. From my psespective, that's pure down-home comfort food right there, and you know fully well I'd destroy that sandwich. Very well done across the board my friend.

Robert

Reactions: 912smoker
Man what a stellar meal Ryan The steak is perfection, the sides are drool-worthy, and that plate just screams at me...but you know how I am with steaks and homemade rolls :emoji_wink:

That's a far cry from being ugly. From my psespective, that's pure down-home comfort food right there, and you know fully well I'd destroy that sandwich. Very well done across the board my friend.

Robert
Thanks Robert, I appreciate it! I believe you were the one that turned me onto The Prepared Pantry...really enjoy their mixes!

Ryan

Dang that's some good looking chow Ryan. Nicely done

Point for sure
Chris

Thanks Chris, I appreciate it! I would get a beer pole but I'm afraid of what it would be named! :emoji_laughing:

Ryan

Well I have to admit to being lazy and not posting for awhile so I'm overdue! Picked up a tomahawk steak awhile back for $9.99 lb plus I figured the dogs would enjoy the bone.
Seasoned up with Kinder's Buttery Steakhouse thanks to Dan, @forktender .

View attachment 640133

Put in on the GMG pellet smoker, getting some nice color...

View attachment 640134

Pulled and reverse seared...won't be long now!

View attachment 640135

Cut up and removed bone...dogs needed a treat too! Pure heaven on a plate! Must have been hungry...no plated shot...ooopppsss!

View attachment 640136

That was the 1st cook when my wife was home...but sometimes she works over nights so I get to play...I caught a bit of guff...for making some things when she's not here to try them as well. But time for leftovers, start off with making some buns from Prepared Pantry, Sunday dinner roll mix. Well, a couple things...had some peanut butter filled pretzels so why not?

View attachment 640172

Turned out pretty good...disappeared even faster!

View attachment 640173

And now the buns, risen ready to be baked
View attachment 640181

Baked up deliciousness

View attachment 640183

Tired of reading yet? :emoji_blush: 7th inning stretch! Oh heck...just look at the pics! Mini taters...1st I read about was from @DRKsmoking, but believe he got the idea from others, just can't remember who for sure.
View attachment 640184

These had been par boiled, smashed, seasoned. Then smoked...

View attachment 640185

Had a couple helpers...
View attachment 640186

One helper really wanted to get involved lol...
Took the leftover steak and reheated it in gravy I made. Sandwich was bun, steak, smoked smashed taters, and gravy...repeated 3 layers high then smothered in more gravy!

View attachment 640187

View attachment 640188

It was one ugly presentation...so Robert, tx smoker tx smoker ...this is an ugly plate...but boy oh boy was it good! And it crumbled after the first fork full! Look forward to my next gravy mess lol!
Thanks for looking! And remember to smile...if nothing else, it makes em wonder what you're up to!

Added another Lil smoking buddy as well... her name is Kali
View attachment 640189

Ryan
Dang man, I mean a couple hours I could have helped you finish that! I would have brought the little man to clean up, he loves a decent steak at almost 3yo. That all looks incredible dang I need more cooking time. Oh wait I might get that this week, in-laws came to visit and the MIL’s husband got Covid. I’m outta work for the rest of the week, better start defrosting meat!

Reactions: Brokenhandle
Dang man, I mean a couple hours I could have helped you finish that! I would have brought the little man to clean up, he loves a decent steak at almost 3yo. That all looks incredible dang I need more cooking time. Oh wait I might get that this week, in-laws came to visit and the MIL’s husband got Covid. I’m outta work for the rest of the week, better start defrosting meat!
Thanks for the offer to help! Boy some people will do anything to get time off work to smoke! :emoji_laughing:

Ryan

• Haha
Reactions: bigfurmn
Oh I have a few ideas Iowa boy 😂
I hate to even imagine! Lol! Guess I already have one...but mine holds a 6 pack at least!

20220810_065911.jpg

Now if I could just talk my little buddy into getting my beer off the top of the tree and stop messing around I'd be in business!

20220810_070134.jpg

Ryan

Thanks Stu! It was really good! So we're the leftovers...as messy as they were

Ryan

Reactions: SecondHandSmoker
Ryan, I'm not sure how I missed this, but I'm here now and hungry!! I do smashed potatoes regularly and they're always a hit. The steak is cooked perfectly, that bread looks fantastic, and who doesn't love dogs...

Reactions: Brokenhandle
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky