Time to improvise

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Sowsage

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Oct 18, 2017
Maplewood OH
Well I got home tonight with plans of making spaghetti for the boys. Unfortunately the power was out. We are all electric so I had nothing. Apparently a car clipped a pole neer us and shut down about 50% of the township. What to do? Light some charcoal and throw a couple of kid cuisines on the ugly drum ! Yep that happened tonight! Just about the time they came off the smoker the power came back on....go figure. Oh well....kids were happy and they had a hot meal.
0218202031.jpg

Good thinking. Always good to have an alternative. . . I built an UDS years ago and for some stupid reason sold it. I remembered how much I enjoyed using it so I'm in the process of building another one.

John
Ive used mine for almost 7 years now and love it! In the process of building a mini one now for my son and I have another 55gal drum in the back building at my shop waiting to be built.

I remember eating those when I was a kid lol never off a smoker though. Nice improvising!
Yea never thought i would put those on a smoker lol. I was telling my son we had to wait until the electric came back on so I could make dinner. He said..." Why dont you just use the smoker?" Lol. Found those in the freezer so thats what we did. That kid is one good problem solver!

Here's the Mini I built

View attachment 432901
That looks like a nice little rig. Here is the thread I have going on it. More of a stand up type like my big drum.

Reactions: BandCollector
got to do what ya have to do, your kids probably thought that was great. now they'll want it every week

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky