Time to cut the cheese...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jokensmoken

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Dec 7, 2016
Whitmore Lake Michigan
20181209_110544.jpg

Gifting smoked cheese and homemade jerky and Canadian bacon to my immediate family and a closest friends has become a Christmas tradition for me.
This year I've got...
10 lbs of both gouda and swiss
5 lbs of baby swiss and
7 lbs of cheddar
20 lbs of pork loin for bacon
8 lbs of pork loin and
10+ lbs of CAB top round beef for jerky
The cheeses are out and ready for slicing...
I like to let them set out overnight in a cool room to dry a bit before actually smoking...
I'll post more pics as I go.
Tomorrow evening the bacon brine gets made and 20 pounds of pork loin get prepped...
I'll start brining Monday for 8-10 days...
Then the three jerky marinades...
I do a sweet teriyaki, a sweet and spicy and a more traditional savory peppered beef...
I'll slice and start marinating the meats Thursday for a Saturday/Sunday smoke...
I'll ost pics of that as well...
MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL...
Walt

Reactions: hillbillyrkstr
Looks like some people are gonna be real happy Christmas morning!

How yah been walt?

So here it is loaded up...
I did two loads...
I like mellower swiss so it cold smoked 4 hours with apple pecan.pellet mix...
The cheddar and gouda went 4 hours with hickory maple pellet mix.
They're wrapped in wax paper in a cool.room.for a couple days to rest before I refrigerate them till Christmas.
I did an experiment with a couple hunks of cheddar...
I brushed them with a light coat of maple syrup about 6 hours before smoking then again just before I loaded them.up...

Cant wait for cheese n crackers with the homemade Canadian bacon and maple smoked swiss on New Years eve..
MERRY CHRISTMAS ALL
Walt

Reactions: fivetricks
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky