Thoughts on GMG Daniel Boon vs Louisiana Grill 900

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

GMG Daniel Boon or Lousiana Grill 900?

• GMG

• LG900

Results are only viewable after voting.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

KCowTown

Fire Starter
Original poster
Nov 7, 2017
Kansas City
I own a LG900, only problems were the cold Kansas City winters and no pre made thermal blankets I could find. But my friend is looking to get a smoker, and he found the GMG Daniel Boon at the local store, and it's a bit more reasonably priced than Louisianas. Anyone have any idea or experience with GMG? Id hate for him to pull the trigger and then him not enjoy smoking meat because of a purchase he regretted. So any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.. -CJ from KC

Reactions: Will Smoke
I have a friend that has one that he uses year round up in Iowa and he loves it. I just bought my Dad the Davy Crockett and he has really enjoyed it. I dont think your friend is going to go wrong with either one.

Reactions: KCowTown
I haven't heard any bad stories about the GMG, and with your help, he should be good to go!!

Is that the one you can plug into a 110 outlet, a cigarette lighter, or alligator clips to a 12V battery??
Bear

I have a the Daniel Boone and it cooks awesome. Only thing I have seemed to notice is with the pellet grill compared to the lump charcoal I was using is i seem to get less of the smoke flavor. Not to sure why but still love the DB!!

I have had a GMG DB for bout 5 years & have really enjoyed it! Temps range from 150*-500*
The higher the temp, the less smoke you'll have. I have been okay with the amount of smoke flavor for the most part without using a tube for extra smoke! But that said, you could always put in a tube smoker to increase the smoke! http://www.amazenproducts.com/product_p/amnts.htm

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky