This weeks grub

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

TH-n-PA

Meat Mopper
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
May 28, 2022
South Central PA
Hit the road last Monday and didn’t return till Saturday afternoon.
Monday I hit the store on the way home from work hoping to be home for the week.
And so far that plan has worked!

Monday was beef filet kabobs on the gas grill

4835E6D7-F71D-4265-9450-35033FEFD7EE.jpeg
06BA5CF6-10EF-403A-AE6B-4CD992630848.jpeg

Tuesdays plan got changed. The skirt steak was too thick to do what I wanted yet too thin to slice in half so a sort of stir fry was done.

Plenty of fresh ginger and garlic added and finished off the meat with a drizzle of molasses and sesame oil to give a caramelized glaze.

44178B01-53BC-48E7-AF54-5FEB6A6925BE.jpeg
DFF8032B-A3A6-4141-8642-B087169279EE.jpeg

Thursday was stroganoff on the BlackStone then into the skillet for the goat cheese to melt/meld.

0EAAAD66-7778-45EF-8228-CA31E1E8AD20.jpeg

This morning I needed to cook 1/2 pound of bacon before it went bad.
Add some sausage, eggs with sharp cheddar cheese, and onions&garlic.

1537CDC8-BC49-45B4-940A-A1C68E37C75B.jpeg

Not a great cook or photographer but I do try to entertain. 😬

My house is dark (which I like) so pic locations are limited.

More to come as its only Saturday.

Wishing all a great weekend!
Cheers.🍻

Some good eating for sure! After a breakfast like that I'd need a nap!

Ryan

Reactions: TH-n-PA
First time I’ve ever heard such a thing. Bacon sitting in the fridge long enough to go bad. I make bacon and can’t keep up with demand. Lol

Seriously though, some darn fine meals, I’d hit every one of them, maybe twice.
I buy thick cut uncured so once I open it the time starts....
If gone for a few days the alarms start to go off! 😬

Reactions: SmokinEdge
Great looking fun! Man it all looked incredible! I’m trying to figure out why you’re downplaying your skills with camera or cooking! My stomach is grumbling and mouth is watering!

Great looking fun! Man it all looked incredible! I’m trying to figure out why you’re downplaying your skills with camera or cooking! My stomach is grumbling and mouth is watering!
Thanks, bro.

Compared to what I see here I am just an amateur which I am fine with!

What does Ken Coleman say......"The Proximity Principal"

If I surround myself with others I want to be like I will achieve that goal.

So here I am!!! 😬

🍻

• Haha
Reactions: kawboy and bauchjw
I have done wings in my Super Oven but did them in the pellet smoker this evening.

Half lemon pepper garlic
Half garlic hot

First time doing a wet butter/Franks finish

Im not mad.....

Times and temps from searching the site
Thanks all!

4C0E141E-9358-4417-990C-10817CE77DA3.jpeg

Nothing wrong with any of those plates of food. And the photos are good also. You post them and
we will drool over them :emoji_laughing:
Love the stroganoff, I must make this again soon ( without the goat cheese, sorry )
Well done sir, :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

David

Nothing wrong with any of those plates of food. And the photos are good also. You post them and
we will drool over them :emoji_laughing:
Love the stroganoff, I must make this again soon ( without the goat cheese, sorry )
Well done sir, :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

David
I have always done cream cheese but wanted to try something different.

Meat, mushroom, onion, and heavy garlic.
Even heavier with the black pepper....

My only complaint is I should have used a higher quality cut of meat other than chuck on the BlackStone for a quick sear/cook.
The flavor just wasn't there even with a quick (2 hour) marinade of worstisheireshireeshurreee SP&G.

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Yes understand, but maybe a bit of acid like pineapple juice ( or vinegar, ginger, tea, baking soda etc etc ) in the marinate to help break down the meat. Not enough to change the final cook theme, just to tenderize. Just my thought.

David
Will deffo keep that in mind next time.
Should help with flavor as well.

Thanks, D!

You've been busy this week and it all looks good, but we really like stroganoff...
Driving back from a job I spent over an hour trying to decide what I wanted to make for dinner.

****I do this a lot to keep my mind busy****

Stroganoff checked all the box’s for me that day!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky