This was a good and delicious decision

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Danblacksher

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jul 15, 2022
Brandon, Mississippi
Due to a very successful hunting season, I ended up with a lot of deer meat. Some I processed myself and some I had processed. A friend of mine found a processor that offers using American Wagyu fat instead of pork fat when making venison burger. I could not resist and had some of my venison made into burger with wagyu fat. Tonight was my first time to make something with it. I made bacon wrapped meatloaf and smoked it on my offset with cherry wood for 3 1/2 hours. I made some fresh french bread to go with it and added some Carolina gold bbq sauce I made and it was outstanding. I did not do any sides because I knew if it was as good as I hoped, it would be a multiple sandwich night. That wagyu fat added some really amazing flavor.

Attachments

• meatloaf 2.jpg
    meatloaf 2.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 17
  • Meatlosf.jpg
    Meatlosf.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 17
  • meatloaf 3.jpg
    meatloaf 3.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 17
  • meatloaf 4.jpg
    meatloaf 4.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 16
  • meatloaf 5.jpg
    meatloaf 5.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 16
  • meatloaf 7.jpg
    meatloaf 7.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 15
Good sides...more burgers!
Kinda like my dessert... more mashed taters and gravy!

Ryan

• Haha
Reactions: DRKsmoking
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky