Thin-sliced rib eye

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Not to say im a super pro, but over years I arrived to completely consistent ribeyes (my favorite thing to grill) that family seem to like a lot. Tried reverse sear several times, I must have messed up something because it just didn't turn out right.

I usually preffer thick cuts, but thin ones did get on grates quite a few times - can't say no to exceptional meat opportunity. "4 minute steak" goes something like this: on the grate it goes, 1 minute - turn 90degree, 1 minute - flip, 1 minute - turn 90degree, 1 minute - remove.
With thin slices there is barely time on grill to crisp the outside without overdoing it, I wouldn't reverse sear those for sure.

Just my .02 worth

Good luck!

Not to say im a super pro, but over years I arrived to completely consistent ribeyes (my favorite thing to grill) that family seem to like a lot. Tried reverse sear several times, I must have messed up something because it just didn't turn out right.

I usually preffer thick cuts, but thin ones did get on grates quite a few times - can't say no to exceptional meat opportunity. "4 minute steak" goes something like this: on the grate it goes, 1 minute - turn 90degree, 1 minute - flip, 1 minute - turn 90degree, 1 minute - remove.
With thin slices there is barely time on grill to crisp the outside without overdoing it, I wouldn't reverse sear those for sure.

Just my .02 worth

Good luck!

Exactly!
That's about it.

Bear

Perhaps a bit off-topic since its not thin at all, but ribeye nevertheless :)

Not reverse seared, at perfect temperature

2v2JqP6UdxUHnUD.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky