Thermostat control

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

EricJ

Original poster
Sep 20, 2020
Minnesota
Hello everyone!
I currently have a 42” x 66” x 72” smoke house. There is a 3 burner lp cast iron camp stove in it for heat. The biggest problem I have is adjusting the little needle valves on each burner to get the heat where I want it. Each time I open the door to the house I loose a significant amount of heat.
Does anyone have experience with hooking up a PID to a gas valve so the temperature can be regulated without opening the door?

I thought if I ever built a smokehouse I would make it a pellet fired with a place to add wood chunks like a 12 cast iron skillet over the too of the fire pot, run the thermistor up about 1/2 way , some chunks in the skillet with a lid on it with holes in it will put out a lot of smoke, and when that burns down you still get smoke to some degree from the pellets

Hello everyone!
I currently have a 42” x 66” x 72” smoke house. There is a 3 burner lp cast iron camp stove in it for heat. The biggest problem I have is adjusting the little needle valves on each burner to get the heat where I want it. Each time I open the door to the house I loose a significant amount of heat.
Does anyone have experience with hooking up a PID to a gas valve so the temperature can be regulated without opening the door?
I use an adjustable pressure regulator for mine. I have a flame out switch on it but when I open my door I do lose some heat but comes back in 3 mins

I have been trying to find a flame out switch. Do you have a link to yours?

Joe
I am sorry I couldn't find the link, its buried deep on my amazon history. But I purchased it from there and found a local hose and fitting shop and told them what I was doing they made the lines for me etc. Cost about 15 for the flame out and another 50 for them to make the set up. Ill try and snap some pics

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky