Thermometer for my smoking chamber.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Lots of folks on here will recommend InkBird. They are a sponsor of this site and you can find their products on Amazon.

Me personally use the this one ...

I have been very happy with mine. Mine was purchased in 2018 and is still going strong. Accuracy is good. Can download an app for your phone. Since it is bluetooth, the only drawback has been the limited distance the unit and your phone (50 ft.??)

Depending on the style you want , Inkbird is a sponcor here on SMF and they sell a few different tupes on Amazon.
I like my 4 probe one. Blue tooth. I can set it and work in yard or run to the store and keep an eye on things in the smoker without opening it up. They put deals on here quite often

DSC_2172.JPG DSC_2193.JPG

David.... ( just reread , MY spelling really sucks today, lol )

Last edited:
Inkbird therms are affordable and accurate. Which model you choose depends on a lot of factors.
Some folks like the graphing capabilities and bluetooth on some of the models etc, etc.
Others just want a reliable therm with excellent range, etc.
Which ever therm you choose, make sure it has progamable high/low alarms for pit temps.

I have the inkbird 4 probe .... I forget the model #, but it isn't the one with WIFI, which is fine since I don't really need the WIFI version.

Reactions: SecondHandSmoker
Can all these be used to read the temp of just the chamber and not the meat?

Mine has broken, I have one that I put into the meat however the one on the actual chamber is what I am looking for or do all of these do that as well?

Can all these be used to read the temp of just the chamber and not the meat?

Mine has broken, I have one that I put into the meat however the one on the actual chamber is what I am looking for or do all of these do that as well?
The inkbird I have has 1 chamber probe with grate clip and 3 meat probes. 1 probe will monitor temp at the grate and the other 3 can be placed in meat.

So inside the smoking chamber the probe should be on the grill? I have been using one hung inside as well as the built in one. The one on the lid, this one is now not reading correctly, the one I hang inside got wet so no longer works.

I will have a look online for the one you have mentioned.

Thank you.

+1 That one would work. FYI The Inkbird lady will post some KILLER deals exclusive to us here now and then so keep an eye out for them.

Reactions: SecondHandSmoker
the one I hang inside got wet so no longer works.
You can try putting the probe end of the cable inside your oven @ 350° F for a couple hours. Sometimes that will get them working again. Leave the plug that plugs into the unit outside the oven door.

So inside the smoking chamber the probe should be on the grill?
If you're going to monitor pit temps, it's more meaningful to know what the temp is at the same level as the meat.

1661538568768.png

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky