The time I made my own barbecue sauce

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
You can try a small Batch taste it cold, then simmer and taste the difference. I don’t simmer mine, but you may prefer it. You also may want to add other flavors, but get the base down first that you like, write that down, then rewrite a new separate sheet with the basics and add what else you want. Herbs, citrus, worshestershire , onion, mustard whatever floats the boat, but don’t do them all at once. Get your base dialed in, then add a couple things and no more at a time. I make a list of ingredients that don’t work. Saved me more than once but you won’t know till you try.
Thanks. That helps a lot. I made a Carolina bbq sauce a few weeks ago that was amazing and I want to make more sauces.

Reactions: SmokinEdge
6-8 years ago I was doing so much PP that I was eyeballing my batches of rub. Completely lost my recipe paper that had actual measurements. At the end of that 2 year period I was burnt out on PP. I never wanted to eat it or cook it again. Last couple of years, I started making it again after I got the pellet pit ( 2 years now )- and I've yet to dial my rub recipe back in.

Church youth group BBQ fundraisers (1 per month), weddings, family get togethers, other fundraisers for the Church and associated requests from the Pastor - plus I did brisket/pp for every fellowship meal we had at Church. There were summer months I did 3 weekends straight with a range of 4-20 butts per cook. And I could only get about a dozen on my pit so some bigger cooks started on Thursday evening.

I wore a trail from the back steps to the pit lol. I may never dial that recipe back in.

Reactions: OldSmoke
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky