The Mother of all recipe links

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

captcouillon

Original poster
Dec 4, 2012
Deltaville, VA
I know this link has been posted in various threads over time, but unless you are searching for it specifically it tends to get lost. This site no longer exists except in the archives of the wayback machine, and even some of their links are currently down or unavailable. As a result, I am archiving all of the files I can grab (as of today...605 sausage recipes) and will package them up as a single zip for download. If you want them, PM me and I will send you a link.  As a resource for sausage folk, it really shouldn't be lost. I mean, where else are you going to find a recipe for Woodchuck Sausage?  (Cajun in the woodpile?)

Here is a Direct Link to the pages.

http://web.archive.org/web/20010214020112/http:/home.att.net/~g.m.fowler/frame/Sausage1.htm

There are a number of other interesting recipe links in the drop down at the top of the page, from Pastrami to smoked Porcupine Eggs. Next project is to archive the rest of these resources. Will also make them available to them as is interested.

Lache pas la potate

Edit 12-8-10

It has been pointed out that these recipes do not necessarily reflect current United States safe food practices. This post is offered as a recipe archive, not as a how to make safe food guideline.

The original post is from '99 and recipes from all over the world. Standards vary as may your mileage. 

Disclaimer: These recipes are posted for historical purposes only. They have not been reviewed or edited to include current best meat preserving practices.  Use at your own risk and discretion. If you die from using them as written, I am not responsible and will not send flowers.

Use your common sense or if in doubt, ask someone.

'Nuff said

Last edited:
Thanks for the file offer Capt. I have the wayback link but would be nice to have it in file form

Great link but double check recipees as I found a couple that go against aproved methods ( like smoking at 100deg for 10 hours with no cure in it)

Great link but double check recipees as I found a couple that go against aproved methods ( like smoking at 100deg for 10 hours with no cure in it)
See Edit on opening post

Last edited:
Ok folks... I have managed to archive for local use the following from Jerry's old files

Sausage Recipes 616

Jerky Recipes 86

Other Recipes (Smoked or goes good with) 148

Total 850

I have packaged them all as one zip file (650 Kb) for local offline use. I have the zip file available on my server and will send you the link if you PM me.

For those who downloaded the original zip of the sausage recipes change the target from /sausage-archive.zip  to /nws-recipe-archive.zip to download all the files.

If you use these recipes, remember:These recipes are posted for historical purposes only. They have not been reviewed or edited to include current best meat preserving practices.  Use at your own risk and discretion.

Lache pas de patate

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky