The mayors corn and shrimp soup

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

eman

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Feb 3, 2009
 This is what i fixed for supper tonight!

here it is folks the best corn and shrimp soup recipe ever!!!
1 stick butter
3-8oz blocks of cream cheeese
1qt heavy cream
1qt half & half
6 cans cream of potato soup
1/2 onion diced fine
4 cans niblett corn
5 lbs peeled med. shrimp
1lb crabmeat or 2 cups chopped mushrooms or both
 peel shrimp and season and set aside.
sautee onions and mushrooms in butter, when onions are clear add cream cheese stir untill cream cheese is melted. add shrimp sautee till just done. add potato soup and corn and heavy cream and 1/2 and 1/2. keep stiring as cream will stick , season to taste!!!
heat untill hot.
you may have to thin this soup w/ milk to get it to your liking.
this is very good served w/ corn bread.

the reason this is called the mayors corn and shrimp soup is that the mayor of hammond La. gave me the original recipe , and after you buy the ingrediants you'll see that you need a mayors salary to make it.

oh yea this is a triple recipee it will feed 10 big eaters or 15 normal eaters
WARNING IT IS VERY, VERY RICH AND VERY, VERY FILLING !!!
HOPE YOU ENJOY IT, Bob Lemings
p.s. this stuff is so good that if you put a bowl of it on your head your toungue will beat your brains out trying to get to it  

Last edited:
Bob that is a great sounding recipe for sure. Love your PS

Gary

p.s. this stuff is so good that if you put a bowl of it on your head your toungue will beat your brains out trying to get to it  

Eman,

I have a pot of this going on the stove right now.  It is AWESOME!    
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif
  Thanks for sharing!

The little woman's gonna love it. 
icon_mrgreen.gif

OMG that sounds amazing eman! Except the shrimp, I'm allergic to them, but I'm sure I could substitute!

OMG that sounds amazing eman! Except the shrimp, I'm allergic to them, but I'm sure I could substitute!
Yes maam you can , i have done this dish for some folks w/ seafood allergies . i just cubed up some boneless skinless chicken breast and used them in place of the shrimp. You may need to cook them a few min more than the shrimp depending on how big the pieces are.

Making a pot of this today with 10 lbs of peeled deviened shrimp. $100 pot of soup.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky