The Maple Whiskey Moose Ham

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ghostguy6

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jul 5, 2016
Edmonton AB
32 days in Pop's brine, 24 hours to form the pellicle, 12 hours of cold smoke 18 hours of hot smoke. Finished with a maple whiskey glaze. Will be served with home made Bavarian sweet mustard. It came out of the smoker at around 2:30 this morning so not much for photos.

Out of the smoker
wol_error.gif This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 3264x2448.
20211224-001550.jpg

And the obligatory cross section
wol_error.gif This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 3264x2448.
20211224-001712.jpg

That looks delicious. Did you also inject the brine? Great product. I love moose. That’s like a strange ham-strami I like it.

The flavor is good, I think I would add a little more maple to the next brine.
The brine was injected as per Pop's instructions.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky