The Magnitude 6.5 Burger & Fries

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

civilsmoker

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jan 27, 2015
Idaho
I took my long commute from the bedroom office to the kitchen to see what the wife was up to and to my surprise she had the deep fryer out and a bunch of Yukon golds soaking and she announced that we needed some comfort food!!!

So to my delight, I went to work prepping the burgers and such......to move the story along I had just put the cheese on the burgers on the grill and had the fries in at 375 for the second fry when my daughter said, hey are we having an earthquake......when at that point I realized that the sloshing hot oil wasn’t just the frying process, but the blinds shaking and hanging lights went for a nice ride. From our days in AK we could tell it was a pretty good shaker, made the wife and I slide on the wood floors in our socks.....fortunately no damage and all things are good......

So after the good shake some good old fashioned comfort food was in order!
FBD44755-5AF7-441E-9B74-00D2C8BFC636.jpeg

Last edited:
Glad to hear all is good. That's a mighty fine looking burger and fries. 6.5, that had to have a little kick to it.....

Glad to hear all is good. That's a mighty fine looking burger and fries. 6.5, that had to have a little kick to it.....

The e-center was about 56ish miles north of us and yes it had a kick to it but the loud roar was the crazy thing....it sounded like a tornado coming through.....we went though a 7.9 about 150 miles from e-center in AK and it had CRAZY movement but no noise like this......

That is one beautiful burger! It really looks like 6.5 magnitude.... Glad everyone is OK.

Thanks! It was perfect timing to have a good burger for sure. Only had 4 smaller aftershocks....just feels like having a dizzy spell....

That is one fine lookin' burger! I'd imagine all that salad on it squashed down pretty good after the photo-op, that banana split make me wish I had one right now. Don't miss the CA shakers one bit. RAY

Nice looking burger. I could go for one of those about now.

Point for sure
Chris

Awesome looking burger.......YUM!!!
I actually love earthquakes as long as nobody is injured or killed they are fun as heck.

Glad you are ok up there! didnt feel it in SLC but my QuakeFeed app went off. Never thought I would want this, till the one hit Magna.

good looking meal there. nothing like some comfort food after a quake. glad everything turned out ok!

Great looking burger! Double fried French fries are the only way to go! Glad everything was ok after the quake!

That's an excellent looking burger. That is definitely one of the best kind of comfort foods around. I am certainly happy that you came through the earthquake unscathed. Take care and be safe.

G

That is one fine lookin' burger! I'd imagine all that salad on it squashed down pretty good after the photo-op, that banana split make me wish I had one right now. Don't miss the CA shakers one bit. RAY
Thanks RAY! You are correct it lost it's pretty looks right after that snap! And since we are conserving paper towels (for some odd reason....not lol) I had to wash my hands afterwards!

Nice looking burger. I could go for one of those about now.

Point for sure
Chris

Thanks Chris it was good timing for sure!
[/QUOTE]

Very nice! Comfort food at its finest.
Thanks xray, the only thing finer in my book with be the butter milk fried chicken that will go into the fryer tonight!!!!

Awesome looking burger.......YUM!!!
I actually love earthquakes as long as nobody is injured or killed they are fun as heck.

fork....as an engineer I can say they EQ's are an interesting deal for sure....on the weird side of things it sure freshened up the conversation for sure.....We have had 40 some aftershocks now....things were still rattling when I went to bed at 1am......The original shaker lasted about 3 min at our house with the loud roar lasting about 45 seconds, it was a real sustained roller with some real sharp jolts.....Those almost caused the fries to go on the floor![/QUOTE]

Reactions: forktender
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky