The Lie Detector Test

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ibsmoking

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Dec 28, 2007
Huntsville, Al
THE LIE DETECTOR TEST
John was a salesman's delight when it came to any kind of unusual
gimmick. His wife Marsha had long ago given up trying to get him to
change. One day John came home with another one of his unusual
purchases. It was a robot that John claimed was actually a lie
detector.

It was about 5:30 that afternoon when Tommy, their 11 year old son,
returned home from school. Tommy was over 2 hours late. 'Where have
you been? Why are you over 2 hours late getting home?' asked John.

'Several of us went to the library to work on an extra credit
project,' sai d Tommy.
The robot then walked around the table and slapped Tommy, knocking him completely out of his chair.

'Son,' said John, 'this robot is a lie detector, now tell us where you
really were after school.' 'We went to Bob by's house and watched a
movie. ' said Tommy.
'What did you watch?' asked Marsha. 'The Ten Commandments.' answered Tommy. The robot went around to Tommy and once again slapped him, knocking him off his chair once more. With his lip quivering, Tommy got up, sat down and said, 'I am sorry I lied. We really watched a
tape called Sex Queen.'

'I am ashamed of you son,' said John. 'When I was your age, I never
lied to my parents.' The robot then walked around to John and
delivered a whack that nearly knocked him out of his chair.

Marsha doubled over in laughter, almost in tears and said, 'Boy, did
you ever ask for that one! You can't be too mad with Tommy. After all,
he is your son!'
With that the robot immediately walked around to Marsha and knocked
her out of her chair.

I have an opportunity to go on a tv show to prove I am telling the truth about something. They will give me a lie detector test and reveal it to another person.

I also have to sign a waiver agreeing not to sue the person who gives the test or the tv show or anyone for liable/defamation etc.

I am telling the truth, BUT am worried I would be so nervous I might come off as telling a lie.

Has anyone taken one and if so how accurate was it?
I have had a couple and I remember being very apprehensive about the results. Many fishing tournaments will require that some of the cash winners be tested and it can be random such as the 1st, 5th, and 10th place winners and most times the testing positions were not disclosed ahead of time. In the ones I've taken, I was asked a series of yes or no questions to establish a baseline then asked another set of yes or no questions about the tournament. The results were compared and a judgement rendered. They were very accurate and a good polygraph examiner can read through the nervousness. What you're doing sounds like fun and for good TV, I'm sure they want to catch you lying...:emoji_wink:

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky