Thanks....

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

inkjunkie

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Nov 25, 2014
To those that have helped me, Thank You.

I come to forums like this to learn. I will be the first to admit that I am pretty damn ignorant about a lot of things.

I don't have much in this life. What I do try to offer everyone is respect. It is very frustrating to me when this is not returned. There is a certain member here, well, for lack of a better way to put this, is EXTREMELY disrespectful towards me. Needless to say, this is my perception.

I find it very annoying that when I ask a simple question I get sarcastic answers from this member. Apparently this member doesn't realize we are not all as "smart" as he is. Which is why we ask questions.

I have decided to take a break, not that anyone is going to care. I don't see the reason for me to get as aggravated as I did earlier today....

Hell, I may be back later today. I may never return. Just depends how long it takes me to realize that not everyone is respectful. And that some folks are simply.....well......a..holes....

So to those that have helped me, a sincere Thanks. To the member in question.....just be thankful it what it is....a virtual world....

Take Care

Inkjunkie....

Ink,

I hope that this experience doesn't take you from the forum. I know its hard to read intent in text forum.

I look forward to your return.

Thanks.

Please don't go. Questions are why we are here. Just block that member if you need to.

If there was no questions and just look what I did, this forum would be very boring.

The only thing that gives me any insight is my long life and experience. Every group I have ever been involved in had someone who aggravated me. The question is whether there is  value outside that person. If you realize there is a blemish on every face, you find the good in the group and can tolerate the bad.

Have fun. Enjoy. Live with the bad to enjoy the good!

Disco

First let me say, Ink .... With such a large "crowd" (84,000 + members) .. not everybody is going to see eye to eye with everybody ... it's the same way outside of the virtual world... with that being said ... would rather see ya stick around as your contributions to the forums are enjoyed by many ...

Giving my 2 cents here... Junkie, you might have taken that the "certain member" was trying to give you a quick lesson in how something worked. You have to assume a positive intention until someone until you can prove that they are just trolling.  Now on the other hand, the "certain member" who I believe is an OTBS member should have taken the high road here and just let it be.

This place is a very good resource for a lot of things. What I have always found is that people do the same thing 10 different ways. You just have to take what works for you and make it your own.

Junkie, cooler heads always prevail. Continue to be a positive poster and this place should continue to be a positive place for your resource and past time needs.

~Tony

No harm for you to take a break, but once you start lying awake at night, wondering what we're all doing here.....you'll be back.  Wonder if this site has an option to ignore a certain member. You might look into that.    We'll all just continue to talk about ya to the point your ears will be burning
yahoo.gif
    See you here in a couple hours.  LOL

Ink,  

I'm relatively new on the forum but wanted to wish you the best.  Just like any "social" setting, sooner or later someone is going to rub someone wrong.  And sometimes you just need to take a step back.

Perhaps after a little time off you will be be in a better place and willing to give a whirl again.  My experience so far has been great - a lot of good info and friendly advice. 

Take care - keep the smoke rolling.

Hey Doug

My personal belief is "don't sweat the small stuff".  Just block this member.  I have one member blocked and I never see anything posted by him--works great.  

I know sometimes a guy just needs a time out--kinda gives you time to put everything into perspective.  Trust me, you'll miss this site and all the good people.  And if you book out permanently, how the hell am I supposed to keep up to date on your hounds and your new pit bull pup.  LOL.

Take care.  Looking forward to talking to you again when (not if) you return.

Gary

Ink,

Don't go anywhere. I've personally always enjoyed your posts and your opinions. Yes, there are some folks here that really tick me off with their all-knowing approach. But, I just ignore them. They are in a very small minority. Please stay and make this site a better place with your presence.

It's great having you here. If you must take a break, make it a short one and hurry back, Joe

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky