THANK YOU!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bigal

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
Sep 21, 2006
Western Kansas
I made brisket(3), burnt ends(chopped up points re-smoked), and 2 boston butts for 25 guys. I used the finishing sauce mentioned at the top for the pulled pork. Everybody loved it. First time of using the sauce and I was very pleased, will do it every time now.

Just wanted to say thank you for the help, and to tell anyone that hasn't tried it to do so. It tastes great w/out it, but by adding the sauce it takes it up a notch. I put on just enough to give a "hint" of it, next time I want to put on more to have a "kick".

Just a few more days of harvest, then my smoker will be on all winter. I have come up with a bunch of ideas as I sit in the combine for 16 hours. Can't wait to smoke so much my skin smells like hickory/pecan/apple smoke!

See you guys in a week or so, I have a bunch of questions.

Good to hear from you BigAl. I hope harvest is going well. I drive a truck so I know all about the wild ideas you can dream up while keeping it between the lines. (rows) ;)

BigAl,
Sounds like you had a real feast! Glad it turned out so well. I know your sentiments on the finishing sauce. When I tried it for the first time, I knew right then that it was a permanent member of my seasoning base for pulled pork (Thanks again to Florida Jeff). And by the way, I understand from other posts that it has been used on ribs ...... also with great results. Good luck with the harvest and we look forward to seeing your posts.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky