Thank God and TulsaJeff

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cajunsmoker

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
May 21, 2006
Monroe, La
Thank's for working so hard and getting things back up in a timely manner.

I know I speak for a lot of us that it was like having the lights go out when I tried to log on and the server was gone. :>(.

Now to learn my way around this new board.

Jeff, I have to take my hat off to you!! I have been on boards that have made the switch much like you did here with SMF. The difference with this transition was the quick turnaround and painless intergration of the new board. If I was near you, I'd give you a well deserved "pat on the back". Kudos to the Man!!
icon14.gif

Virtual pat on the back accepted;-)

I will tell you.. up until about 9:30 this morning I was pretty frustrated. I could not get the attachments to convert over and I had tried everything. At 2:00 this morning I finally just closed the laptop, drank the last of my ice tea and went to bed.

Upon returning to it this morning it just kind of came together in all of about 10 minutes.

Sometimes it is amazing what a little sleep will do for a person.

You guys were really patient.. believe it or not I did not get a lot of "are you done yet?" emails so I was able to really focus on the work at hand.

Please continue to PM me on any bugs you see.. I have worked a few out this evening and hopefully we will squash all of them very quickly.

I am planning to add some other funtional things to the forum like chat but I have to get the basic setup running without a hitch first.

I still can't get the smilies to link up but I will.. gotta have faith!!!!!

Thanks for answering my 2 big ?'s. Chat and Smilies.

Oh and once again thanks for your hard work.

The smilies are now working and even added a few new ones that I had on my local computer.

Enjoy!!:p

I'm glad to see the smileys working, but I'm not seeing any Smiley library like we had on the old site. Am I missing something??

signed:
More confused that usual 8)

Dutch,

You have to click on the "More" link at the lower left of the 15 smilies that it defaults to in order to get a popup of all smilies in the library.

Alternatively, If you use the dropdown list just click on "Show All Smilies" and it will open up a popup that lists all of them.

I think the default list is based off of the most used ones so it is somewhat fluid.. (I think)
PDT_Armataz_01_12.gif

Dutch, if you look under the Quick Links and click on Edit Options, you can scroll through to make changes such as e-mail notifications / options, thread display options, date and time display GMT -? whatever time zone you are in (central time zone = -6) and then Misc. options where you can set your reply panel to WYSIWYG to see the smily panel to the right. Hope that's what you were after.

Keep Smokin

PigCicles and Tulsa Jeff-
PDT_Armataz_01_42.gif
(Thanks) guys for helping this ol' dawg learn a new trick!
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Where is the Delete Icon for deleting your last post? I don't seem to be able to find it!

Help a dummy please
PDT_Armataz_01_19.gif

Do not see that we have this option in the posting rules. Maybe that's the way it's going to be!

I think it defaults to "only moderators can delete entire posts".. maybe that is something that needs to be changed. I have not thought much about it.

Let me look into that..

I would like to put in a request for some additional emoticons.
rolleyes.gif
You don't have to go all girly...but...a few without army helmets might be nice.
PDT_Armataz_01_10.gif
(those are army helmets...right?)

:D

I can see what she's saying Jeff... give her a PINK helmet with maybe a daisy on it :) ... juuuust kidding:twisted:

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky