Texan Jalapeno Sausage - Take 1

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Hey sir, I stumbled across your sausage recipe and I have always wanted to make this style of sausage. I have 2 questions (I am a novice at smoking)
1. What kind of smoker are you using to manipulate the temps so steady during the time period? I purchased a WSM would I be able to replicate this using that equipment
2. Do you place them back in the smoker to heat up after the cold water bath?

Thanks in advance.

1. I am/was using a Masterbuilt 40" electric smoker. With a couple of button pushes, I can set the temperature rather easily and have it be consistant. When I started, I had a propane smoker, and while I COULD have done something similar, it wouldn't have been as easy. It would have required more babysitting.

2. Once cooled and bloomed, it's up to you how to heat them up. Grill them, griddle them, oven them, whatever. The way I see it, how could it be a bad idea to heat them back up with a little more smoke? Try one just griddled up first to see if you are happy with the current smoke level. If you think it could stand some more smoke, go ahead and heat them up in the smoker.

Quick question for you. I don’t have a smoker that I can regulate the heat on. Could I hot smoke these for a couple of hours and omit the cure?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky