test picture

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

vi_xon

Fire Starter
Original poster
Feb 21, 2006
Oregon Coast
I'm hoping this will show a pic of my first loin and jerky smoke. Wish me luck!
ebb0a16b_vbattach10706.jpg

0ef757f7_vbattach10707.jpg

Sorry Ice...no more pics of this smoke (you've already seen the ones I posted in another thread). For the jerky - I used lean flank steak. Froze it first to make it easier to slice, then cut across the grain about 1/4" thick. Soaked it in a cure mixture overnight, then marinated for 4 hours. I cheated on the marinade and used a pack of Nesco's Original Beef Jerky Spice. www.nesco.com or 1-800-288-4545

Laid the strips flat on the top grill of my ECB, and smoked at a very low temp for about 4 hours. I didn't mop the jerky, just watched it closely to determine when it looked done. Of course, the smaller pieces were done a little earlier.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky