Tennessee Dried Sausage Links

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Day 2 hanging in larder. Getting some serious nice smoke smell.

Sausage making, smoking, fermenting, drying is the easy part.

Waiting is the hard part.

thems lookin good Rick
drool.gif

WOW, that sure looks good. now you said $15 a lb right??? 
first.gif

im a mushroom in a compost bucket as far as knowledge making these. can you give me a quick run down, humidity/temp/days resting? or a link to give me some basics to make these buggers up?

WOW, that sure looks good. now you said $15 a lb right??? 
first.gif

im a mushroom in a compost bucket as far as knowledge making these. can you give me a quick run down, humidity/temp/days resting? or a link to give me some basics to make these buggers up?
JC

This is a Len Poli recipe which im sure he wouldnt mind getting the credit for. His recipes are easy to do. Some require temp & humidity control and others dont.

This is one of his recipes where its easy to do, just gotta play the waiting game.

Smoked Tennessee Country Links                

METRIC WEIGHTS

5 lbs pork shoulder or butt                                          

2.5 T non iodized salt                                   

4 T smoked paprika                                     

5 t garlic powder              

5 t red pepper flake

1 T brown sugar (i used dark)                      

4 t black pepper                                            

4 T sage (i cut this down to 3 T)                   

1 t cure #2                                                    

1 T oregano

1/4 cup JD (i went with 1/2 cup)

Hog casing

Grind meat thru med plate 1x

Add cure and salt to meat and mix in well. Set in fridge while you get other ingredients together.

Combine the remainder  of the dry (except black pepper & red pepper flakes) and put in spice grinder, coffee bean grinder or pepper mill. Grind fine. Combine fine dry with the JD.

Add the black pepper & red pepper flakes to the salted/cured meat and mix well. Now add the spiced JD mix into the meat and mix well.

Stuff into hog casings. You can make links like i have done your however you like.

After stuffing hang the links in a cool area for 2 days. After the 2 day hang you will need to COLD SMOKE the links for 8 hours. After the cold smoke hang in a fridge for 7 days. Len says these are best slowly grilled.

Took the links off the sausage rod today. Firm and ready for eating.

Put on my grill real slow like Poli suggested.

OH YEAH

Nice taste and a kick. Got the rest vac sealed, hope they make it to the NFL Gathering

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky