Tenderloin

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

msmith

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Nov 22, 2006
Haltom City Tx
Smoked a 7 1/2 # tenderloin for mothers day and a skillet full of baked beans. Soaked in apple juice for 3 hrs then rubbed with mustard and Jeffs rib rub. Kept temps around 230-235 spraying with apple juice every 30 min. Pulled loin at 155* internal wrapped in foil and let set for 1 hr. Made up some deviled eggs and set them on the smoker for 30 min to soak up a little smoke. Loin was very tender and juicy but was not happy with smoke ring did have a good smoke flavor though, eggs had just a hint of smoke flavor and beans were very good. Was using hickory splits and even put 2 small splits of green pecan wood in there for extra smoke. Still had a weak smoke ring to me but heres a couple of pics.
30ea21e1_vbattach12618.jpg

aa572c23_vbattach12617.jpg

Marvin, looks good as usual. I take it there were no complaints from the family!

(I've still gotta get a cast iron skillet & muffin mold for the corn bread.)

I've done alot of loins, and for some reason they ususally dont get a really good smoke ring. The flavor is there, though. Maybe it's because the meat is so pale when cooked?

That looks good! I have turned out some great loin from my grill and I'm sure it's even better from the smoker. I have added that to my "to smoke list". Thanks for the inspiration.

Yes, what he said! I intend to try smoking one of these soon, now that you have inspired the masses!

Looks great Marvin, and I'm starvin'!
biggrin.gif

iam going to try a half of a loin this weekend in the four to four and a half pound range on my new brinkman smoke n pit and so far things i have done i thought was a little dry even have a water pan in there so iam following you and taking it off at 155....  great pics  looks good

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky